Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween!!



(Matt's voice)
I look so cool but Derek looks cooler. Is anyone surprised that I dressed up as an early 19th century gentleman? However, the best response was the slightly tipsy fellows that we passed on the street who said, "Napoleon!!! .... wait ... no... George Washington!!!" They seemed very pleased with themselves and, I must admit, GW was closer than Napoleon. At least they didn't notice that my waist coast was SO 1776 while my tailcoat was TOTALLY 1815. I'm so embarrassed.

Em was sick on Halloween so I asked my friend Derek to help with some Unicef stuff. We bought some stamps and Em prepared addressed, stamped envelopes with donation forms inside for Unicef. When Derek and I showed up on people's porches the usual reaction was to reach for some candy while giving us a suspicious "you two are WAY too old for trick or treating" look, but they all brightened up when we gave our polished spiel. Unicef, it appears, is no longer doing the change box things but seem to be working through primary classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment