Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Great commercial

(Emily's voice)

I saw a great commercial (or should we call it a public service announcement?) on TV the other day for the World Food Program. Check it out:





Whenever a famous celebrity endorses a charity it seems to draw a lot of attention. For some reason we tend to trust celebrities and value their opinion. I suppose it is because they are the trendsetters of the world, and if they're doing it, then we've got to do it (like when the whole world cut their hair just like Victoria Beckham)! Or maybe we are just fascinated by their seemingly glamorous lives and by doing what they're doing we feel like we are a part of it too (hence the trashy mag after trashy mag at the grocery store checkout).

I suppose if I was as famous as Sean Penn I would try to use that fame to garner support for causes I thought worthwhile. And the World Food Program is definitely worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment